Join us for this amazing opportunity to immerse deeply in natural building construction through practice and working side by side with Master Rodolfo.
March 30th through April 25th, 2020
What is it?
An extensive learning program where the apprentice is committed to stay, learn and work in the bamboo school for the minimum duration of 1 month (for exceptional cases of shorter time, talk to the teacher beforehand).
What does the apprentice receive?
- Training in the techniques of bioconstruction, construction in bamboo and elaboration of furniture in bamboo through work. (Those interested will receive a detailed list of the techniques that will be learned)
- Free hours for personal practice
- Use of tool and learning in the use and manufacture of some tools
- Raw material to practice
What does Bamboo School expect from the apprentices?
- Volunteer work for 8 hours a day, for 4 days per week
- discipline and perseverance
- have good physical health and energy for physical work
We have room for 8
The apprentice shares a space in a tent. They have mattress, pillows and mosquito net. There are showers outside and compost toilets. They have to bring their sheets.
We offer 3 vegetarian meals, fruits, tea and coffee. The apprentice help to prepare food according to a role.
Hours and free time
Monday to Thursday
7:00 – 8:00 work / learning
8:45 – 12:30 work / learning
13:30 – 16:30 work / learning
Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Free, personal time and possibility for personal practice
Possibilities for free days in the surroundings
- Visit one of the various rivers nearby
- Walk in the nearby mountain
- The beach is 1 hour away by car or bus
- Carrara National Park is 40 minutes away
- San José is 1 hour by bus